After Day 1 and Day 2 today we are going to talk about various Azure Storage and Database services along with Azure management tools. When we talked about different data categories there are structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Structured Data | Relational Data | e.g. Financial Data
- Semi-structured | Non-relational Data | e.g Blogs
- Un-structured Data | e.g Pdf and Jpeg
Azure Storage Services
Various storage services offered are as below –
Azure Disk Storage (IaaS)
There are different types of disk managed and un-managed disks. An Disk storage for your Virtual Machiene. SSD Disk offers best performance.
Azure Files (IaaS)
Highly available network file shares which provide secure access and uses SMB protocol. Can be accessed via REST interface and connectivity of on-prem apps to Azure.
- Blob | PaaS | for unstructured data like images and documents
- Access Type : Private, Blob and Container
Azure Queues : | PaaS | Async message processing | message size 64 KB
Azure Tables : | PaaS | No Sql data store
Azure Database Services
Various database services offered are as below –
Azure SQL Database
A Relational Database-as-a-service offering from Azure.
Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s proprietary globally-distributed, multi-model database service “for managing data at planet-scale” launched in May 2017
- Schemaless Data
- Elastically & independently scale throughput
It is a relational database service in the Microsoft cloud based on the MySQL Community Edition
High Availability & elastic scaling for open-source mobile and web apps.
Azure DB Migration Service
Allows seamless migration of data from multiple database source to azure platform using Data migration assistance tool.
PostgreSQL, also known as Postgres, is a free and open-source relational database management system emphasizing extensibility and SQL compliance
- Build scalable enterprise application on community postgre sql
- scale out single node postgre sql
SQL Server on VM
Scale your VM and pay per minute pricing model.
You also have Azure Table storage and Synapse Analytics which was previously know as SQL Datawarehouse.
Azure Redis Cache
When we talk about cache, it’s data which is stored in memory.
Azure Database for Maria DB
Its is a relational database service based on the open-source MariaDB Server engine. It’s a fully managed database as a service offering that can handle mission-critical workloads with predictable performance and dynamic scalability.
Azure Management Tools
Various tools available in Azure which allows us to build and manage your Azure artifacts.
- Azure Portal | Build, manage, and monitor all your apps in Microsoft Azure Portal. A single, unified hub built for you, your team, and your projects.
- Azure PowerShell | Azure PowerShell is an extension of the Windows PowerShell platform and scripting language developed to provide cmdlets for simplifying and automating the management of Azure cloud.
- Azure CLI | The Azure command-line interface (Azure CLI) is a set of commands used to create and manage Azure resources. Can run on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Azure CloudShell |Azure Cloud Shell is an interactive, authenticated, browser-accessible shell for managing Azure resources. You need a storage account.
- PowerShell (windows user)
- bash (linux)
- Azure Mobile App | With the Azure mobile app, you don’t need to be in front of your computer to keep an eye on your Azure resources such as VMs. Available for iOS and Android.
- Azure REST API’s | Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs are service endpoints that support sets of HTTP operations (methods), which provide create, retrieve, update, or delete access to the service’s resources.
- Azure Advisor | A personalized cloud consultant that helps you follow best practices and optimize your Azure deployments. It analyzes your resources configuration and usage telemetry, then recommends solutions based on that data.
- Azure Market Place | An online store that offers applications and services either built on or designed to integrate with Azure cloud.
In our next blog post we would continue by talking about Azure network security along with Azure Identity services and some security tools and features Azure has to offer.