Last week while fetching message from MQ Server using BizTalk MQ adapter we got the following Error Message.
The adapter “MQSeries” raised an error message. Details “Error encountered on opening Queue Manager name <XXXX>, Reason code = 2354.
While configuring the BizTalk MQ properties when we set the Transaction supported property to False the messages were getting fetched as expected. But when we set this property to True we faced the above error message in event log.
This error usually occurs due to Network DTC Access issue between MQ server and your Machine. After lots of investigation we managed to fix the issue by doing some changes as below.
- Check on both the MQ and your VM if the necessary MSDTC setting looks like below,
- Click on start and type – Component Service
- Navigate to Distributed Transaction Coordinator, Right click on Local DTC and select properties as below.
- Install IBM WebSphere MQ on your VM. This will add a value type of REG_SZ in your register (regedit) under, HKLOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL
- Check if the Host User which is Running the MQ adapter is added to the DCOM user group on the MQ Server.
- On MQ Server, Click Start, Run and Type “lusrmgr.msc”
- Navigate to Groups and click Distributed COM Users
- Add the Host user to this group
Once we made the necessary changes and restarted the Host instance the MQ adapter started picking up the messages as expected. We even did a load test and the results were positive.